Top 7 Commandments in Using Facebook in the Hiring & Screening Process
The rapid rise of social media has drastically & permanently altered the world of employment screening, not always to the benefit of employers. Our focus is to help employers understand that even accurate information found online cannot always be legally used as a consideration in employment decisions.
Here are our “Top 7 Commandments in Using Facebook in the Hiring & Screening Process”.
1. Know What is Real or Fake
2. Beware of Too Much Information
3. FCRA Compliance Consent and Third Parties
4. Verify that it is Real: “Identity Issues”
5. Have a Social Media Policy in Place
6. Use Web Tools Wisely
7. Never Forget “The Streisand Effect”